Tuesday, August 6, 2013

August 6th, 2013 A Stroll at the Waterwalk...

I had a great time strolling the new Waterwalk in Point Ruston this evening. I'm entering the Point Ruston Puget Sound Dream Contest and get to take rad photos as part of the contest. I have to admit before this contest I had taken quite a few photos from this new area already. Though this photoshoot was very specific and I was trying to be creative for the very best pictures. I've been waiting for Point Ruston for some time now. In 2007 I lived in Ruston near Pt. Defiance Park and loved it. I've been in love with the Tacoma Waterfront ever since. I still remember my first time going to Waterfront on my own in 1998. I remember driving through the tunnel when I first got my very first car- a 74 Periwinkle Purple AMC Javelin. The engine roared through the tunnel and a loud honk followed for safety. Then cruising down the waterfront at the very slowest speed I could drive until a car crept up. I love Waterfront cruising. My friends and I would stop at the Marine Park to throw a Frisbee or a football around or just lie on the ground and take in the scenery. Over the years, I've seen the waterfront evolve and grow. Point Ruston is the best thing to happen to our waterfront. With the great additions through housing and retail space the waterfront will be the premier stopping spot very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment