Wednesday, August 21, 2013

August 21st, 2013 The Waterwalk Interview & 25 Reasons


I'm working on wrapping up the contest. I only have the "25 Reasons Why I love the Waterfront" and the ":30 second commercial". I have been elaborately planning both of those since I knew it was going to be a challenge. I plan to do a collage-type poster for the 25 reasons. One of the reasons why I love the Waterfront is for the creativity it evokes. I'm not gonna lie, this particular time was "staged" but I really have come to the waterfront to write, play music, do homework, etc because it helps me think and be more open-minded. And that is my pink acoustic guitar that I jam out on at campfires and friends houses. :)

I was reminded that I never posted the transcript of the interview I held with my three friends. It was a fun time. I spoke with several of my friends that day and played tour guide. I was helped with the insider information from the conversation I had with one of the residents a while back. I really enjoyed being the knowledgeable one. The looks of excitement and intrigue as I was talking made me think about bringing more friends down. By the time all of the shops open I will probably have brought 40 friends down there! I chose the answers from three of my friends to submit for the contest, but I have an audio transcript of more. So without further ado here it is:

Point Ruston: Now and in the Future
Interviewees: Tyler Pederson, Ciara Swan, Joseph Franco

Q. What did you like most about the Waterwalk?

A. (Tyler) I heard they were going to extend the walkway for a while now. I like that they have extended it as far as they have and you just told me that it’s going to go all of the way to Point Defiance. I like the run the waterfront when I’m training for my 5Ks and marathons. When I run the waterfront I like to lollygag, but I needed more distance. This last stretch looks really well kept and I’m looking forward to running.

A. (Ciara) I actually think it’s really pretty. It looks like this area is going to be really nice when they finished it. We just got done looking at the distance from UW Tacoma, so I might try to run from school to here also. I actually like how quiet it is down here. I’ll probably come back to read a book on a nice sunny day.

A. (Joseph) I didn’t know about this new area at all. We just walked the whole area and it looks like I’m going to have to bring Ciara back for romantic walk. It’s coming upon sunset and the sky is looking great. I agree with Ciara; it’s really quiet.


Q. OK, that’s good. How about the trellis we just posed at and the new attractions around here.

A. (Joseph) Yeah, I really didn’t know these views were down here.

A. (Ciara) I saw quite a few spots that I’m going to have to read at. The trellis has an awesome view of Mt. Rainier, so it’ll be nice to look up from my book and see that.

A. (Tyler) It makes it much better when I’m running to have good scenery. I mean usually I don’t have much to look at when I’m running so I like down here specifically because everything down here is so nice looking.


Q. I just got done telling you about all of the new things coming in; out of everything I listed what do you think you’ll come down here to see?

A. (Joseph) The movie theater! That’s so cool.

A. (Tyler) The 24 hour gym in the Winter. But you have a good point about getting in now because they have “founder’s” rates.

A. (Ciara) It all sounds pretty good. I can come down here and shop, or watch a movie, or enjoy the outdoor stuff.


Q. Do you think you’ll come down here more often now that you know about everything?

A. (All 3) Yes!

A. (Tyler) I’m probably going to make this my new running route when I get off of work.

A. (Ciara) I can’t wait for everything to be done.

A. (Joseph) I was serious. I’m going to take Ciara down here this weekend. And if you win the apartment we’re going to be down here all of the time!

A. (Tyler) Haha, yeah you can count on that.


Q. Speaking of that, if you were to live down here how do you think it would change your everyday life?

A. (Tyler) It’s going to be hard to really come up with my own answer because you’ve been talking about this for a few weeks now. What you said makes sense. But if I lived down here I would probably run even more. I wouldn’t have an excuse not to go out.

A. (Joseph) I like what you said and chilling on the back porch reading the newspaper in the morning. I guess that kind of routine would give me more perspective on my day so I could be happier every day.

A. (Ciara) I think I would be more physically active and mentally grounded. Just the view would keep me in a calm place.

No comments:

Post a Comment